Jake Conrad

Jake Conrad
Blog dedicated to my writing and whatever else I want: movies, games, books, electronics, music, ... anything Jake. The interior of my mind is a mixture of grindhouse, steampunk, Lovecraft, and 80's pop. Be very afraid.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Viva O Brasil!

So my nerdy geekiness is hanging out for all to see here, but there is no secret that I love video games and that I love many of the video games moms warn their kids not to play. Call of Duty 4 was graphically amazing and had an intense storyline but the announcement of part 5 got me twiterpated as part of it is set Na Cidade Maravilhosa, Rio de Janeiro! I served my mission in Rio and saw quite a lot of bad elements around the favelas (Brazilian slums). (We were forbidden to enter them) I have also watched quite a few Brazilian films and love "Cidade de Deus" and "Tropa de Elite" - gritty crime movies set in the favelas. I'm stoked that not 1 but 2 games are going to be set there. Apparently the new Max Payne will also take place in a favela in Sao Paulo and he has a Brazilian wife who is captured. I know I'm a geek for loving video games and Brazil, but just let me enjoy this moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment